NOAH’S ARK PRESENTS
PROPHETIC LIVING – THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
A short yet intensive retreat to a family-run farm, getting close to nature and engaging Prophetic activities that have long been neglected.
Time & Dates
Starts: 10:30am on Saturday 2nd August 2014
Ends: 12:00pm on Sunday 3rd August 2014
Willowbrook Farm, Hampton Gay, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 2QQ (for directions, visit - http://www.willowbrookorganic.org/contact)
£85 per person – includes:
**Open to Brothers & Sisters** (except for Grappling course - brothers only)
- All Archery Instruction & Equipment (feel free to bring own bows & arrows)
- All Grappling Instruction & Matted Area
- Organic BBQ Lunch (choice from farm menu)
- Dinner (to be arranged)
- Full English Breakfast (2 sausages, egg, beans, mushroom, toast, sauces, hot drink or similar)
- Tent (to be shared)
Need to bring
You will need to bring the following items:
- Own Sleeping Bag/ Pillow
- Rough clothes for Grappling (feel free to bring own Jiu-jitsu/ Judo Gi)
- Appropriately warm clothing for the evening
- Change of footwear when walking on the farm (wellies work best)
The retreat intends to raise our awareness and sensitivity to aspects of our modern living which are at odds with the Prophetic way. In an age where we further distance ourselves from living meaningful and sustainable existences, it is imperative we search for brief opportunities to re-engage nature and those arts that historically have always been part of the Prophetic way of living.
The retreat will be held at Willowbrook, a family-run farm located in Oxford, who are committed to the environmental sustainability of the land and organic farming.
The day’s activities will include:
- Outdoor Archery course – safety & handling, basic technique, drills, games & more –
by Jehad Shamis (Archery for All)
- Willowbrook Farm tour & demonstrations.
- Demonstration of Cob Building & discussions on sustainable building.
- A delicious gourmet BBQ Lunch from quality produce served with fresh salad.
- Grappling course – learn wrestling techniques both stand up (Olympic-style) & on the ground (Brazilian Jiu-jitsu) - by Nisar Shaikh (Carlson Gracie Team London) - **BROTHERS ONLY**.
- A enlightening talk discussing the undertaking and living of a truly Prophetic way –
by Shaykh Thaqib Mahmood (OTKF, CEI, Ha-Meem Foundation)
- Outdoor Camping – set up camp, work as a team, enjoy a summer night under the stars with a full English breakfast served.
Places are limited, so book & register early!
Registration will close Monday 28th July 2014.
How to register & pay
1. Register your details on here.
2. Pay online immediately after registration here.
Note ***WITHOUT PAYMENT, REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE***
Important Notes & Disclaimer
- Minimum participant age is 16 years of age.
- Overnight stay will only be permitted for those above 18 years of age, participants between 16 – 18yrs will require the company of a responsible adult relative/ guardian.
- All must be mindful of the onsite facilities
o Shower & Washing facilities at designated times
o Eco-friendly compost toilets
- Both Archery & Grappling instructors are qualified in their respective arts, insured, DBS cleared and first aid trained.
Every effort will be made to ensure the health & safety of all participants, however by registering for this retreat you accept that the organisers and instructors will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, cost or expenses, which may arise in consequence to your participation in this retreat.
Learn the essential aspects of fasting for the blessed month of Ramadhan:
- what breaks ones fast;
- Niyyah, Qadah, Kaffarah;
- what is permissible/ impermissible;
- the deeper meaning of fasting for the sake of Allah.
Wednesday 25th June - After Asr Salaah (8.15pm Jamm'ah)
By Maulana Zeeshan Qayyum (Allah preserve him).
With Shaykh Mohammed Aslam (The City of Knowledge Academy)
Saturday 21st June After Asr Salaah
As we approach the month of Ramadhan, there is no time better to turn back and seek forgiveness from our Lord.
An inspiring talk by our distinguished scholar, Shaykh Mohammed Aslam (teacher of the City of Knowledge Academy, Birmingham) is a hafidh of the Qur'an, who spent 7 years studying the Islamic sciences in Damascus, Syria at the famous Ma'had al-Fath al-Islami institute.
Come, be inspired and a make a change to your lives.
Brothers & Sisters welcome - bring the whole family!!
Dinner will be served.
‘"They were young men who believed in their Lord, so We increased them in guidance. And We strengthened their hearts, when they rose up and declared: Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and Earth; we will not call upon any deity beside Him, or then we would have spoken a monstrosity.’ [18/ The Cave:14]
Futuwwa is a composite of the way of prophecy and the virtues that were completed by means
of it. It is one of the most fundamental stations in religion, as well as one of the foundational
dimension of sainthood.
It is derived from the word fatā (young man) which signifies the successful completion of the
rites of passage from adolescence unto manhood and maturity. It is best epitomised by
rejection of all idolatry -outwardly manifest and inwardly hidden - and the constant
endeavour to realise true servanthood to God, mighty and sublime is He.
The primary aim of the Futuwwa retreat is to promote the ethics and practice of the prophetic
approach to the way of inward and outward martial and manly discipline.
Students will beafforded the rare opportunity to engage in the religion in a more holistic manner through engaging the spiritual sciences and the remembrance of God, mighty and sublime is He, alongside the practice of the higher sports as advocated by the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him).
Horse Riding, archery, swimming and the martial arts are the sports of the kings of the
Hereafter and the retreat was designed as a means to presenting Muslims with a serious
opportunity to learn aspects of their religion that as rule ignored in contemporary Islām, but
remain essential to the cultivation of bonafide prophetic character.
Alī ‘Abdu’l-Karīm (USA) | Jehad Shamis (UK) | Nisar Shaikh (UK) | Efdalludin Kilic (Turkey) |
Ibrahim Osi-Efa (UK) | Faiz Qureshy (UK)
Prophetic Sports and Arts
Arabic Calligraphy | Archery | Horse Riding | Swimming | Ninjutsu | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Organised by Greensville Trust.
For more details and to register, click here.
ASCC Events page - live updates!