NOAH’S ARK PRESENTS
PROPHETIC LIVING – THE PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
A short yet intensive retreat to a family-run farm, getting close to nature and engaging Prophetic activities that have long been neglected.
Time & Dates
Starts: 10:30am on Saturday 2nd August 2014
Ends: 12:00pm on Sunday 3rd August 2014
Willowbrook Farm, Hampton Gay, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 2QQ (for directions, visit - http://www.willowbrookorganic.org/contact)
£85 per person – includes:
**Open to Brothers & Sisters** (except for Grappling course - brothers only)
- All Archery Instruction & Equipment (feel free to bring own bows & arrows)
- All Grappling Instruction & Matted Area
- Organic BBQ Lunch (choice from farm menu)
- Dinner (to be arranged)
- Full English Breakfast (2 sausages, egg, beans, mushroom, toast, sauces, hot drink or similar)
- Tent (to be shared)
Need to bring
You will need to bring the following items:
- Own Sleeping Bag/ Pillow
- Rough clothes for Grappling (feel free to bring own Jiu-jitsu/ Judo Gi)
- Appropriately warm clothing for the evening
- Change of footwear when walking on the farm (wellies work best)
The retreat intends to raise our awareness and sensitivity to aspects of our modern living which are at odds with the Prophetic way. In an age where we further distance ourselves from living meaningful and sustainable existences, it is imperative we search for brief opportunities to re-engage nature and those arts that historically have always been part of the Prophetic way of living.
The retreat will be held at Willowbrook, a family-run farm located in Oxford, who are committed to the environmental sustainability of the land and organic farming.
The day’s activities will include:
- Outdoor Archery course – safety & handling, basic technique, drills, games & more –
by Jehad Shamis (Archery for All)
- Willowbrook Farm tour & demonstrations.
- Demonstration of Cob Building & discussions on sustainable building.
- A delicious gourmet BBQ Lunch from quality produce served with fresh salad.
- Grappling course – learn wrestling techniques both stand up (Olympic-style) & on the ground (Brazilian Jiu-jitsu) - by Nisar Shaikh (Carlson Gracie Team London) - **BROTHERS ONLY**.
- A enlightening talk discussing the undertaking and living of a truly Prophetic way –
by Shaykh Thaqib Mahmood (OTKF, CEI, Ha-Meem Foundation)
- Outdoor Camping – set up camp, work as a team, enjoy a summer night under the stars with a full English breakfast served.
Places are limited, so book & register early!
Registration will close Monday 28th July 2014.
How to register & pay
1. Register your details on here.
2. Pay online immediately after registration here.
Note ***WITHOUT PAYMENT, REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE***
Important Notes & Disclaimer
- Minimum participant age is 16 years of age.
- Overnight stay will only be permitted for those above 18 years of age, participants between 16 – 18yrs will require the company of a responsible adult relative/ guardian.
- All must be mindful of the onsite facilities
o Shower & Washing facilities at designated times
o Eco-friendly compost toilets
- Both Archery & Grappling instructors are qualified in their respective arts, insured, DBS cleared and first aid trained.
Every effort will be made to ensure the health & safety of all participants, however by registering for this retreat you accept that the organisers and instructors will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, cost or expenses, which may arise in consequence to your participation in this retreat.
ASCC Events page - live updates!